Acupuncture for Pregnancy Clinics
Wellington Obstetrics is pleased to be able to offer acupuncture as part of your pregnancy care.
Acupuncture is effective at alleviating some conditions specific to pregnancy including:
- Back pain
- Symphysis -pubis pain
- Sleep disorders
- Performed from 36 weeks to prevent induction of labour
- Preparing for a medical induction
- For persistent breech presentation fro m 36 weeks gestation
- High blood pressure in conjunction with medical intervention
- Postnatally for breast feeding concerns such as mastitis or reduced supply
Leanne Bowden is an experienced midwife who has additional training in pregnancy-specific acupuncture. She has a Certificate in Midwifery Acupuncture from NZ School of Acupuncture under Debra Betts. She is excited to be offering this to treatment to you as part of you pregnancy care.
All appointments are 40 mins long
You must have had food and drink prior
If you have a pre-existing problem you may be referred to a general acupuncture practitioner
Note: This service is included in the Full Obstetric Care package or by negotiation
Call 04 830 2960 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.